[gdal-dev] Re: problem with unwanted white space in input file list for gdalbuildvrt

Fabrice LALLAURET - PSV fabrice.lallauret at external.thalesgroup.com
Fri Sep 17 10:56:55 EDT 2010

  Le 09/16/2010 02:51 PM, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
> Fabrice LALLAURET - PSV<fabrice.lallauret<at>  external.thalesgroup.com>  writes:
>
>>    Hi all,
>> I try to use some gdal tools in a batch file on windows and I've a
>> strange side effect. Here is a little batch use with fwtools 2.4.7.
>>
>> @echo off
>> echo "Test 1 with file list"
>> del listin.txt test1.vrt test2.vrt
>> for %%F in (krel*.tif) do @echo %%F>>   listin.txt
>> gdalbuildvrt  -input_file_list listin.txt test1.vrt
>> echo "Test 2 with direct argument"
>> gdalbuildvrt  test2.vrt krel*.tif
>> After some investigations,(check my file, gdal debug compilation, try on
>> linux too, ...), I've found that there is a space at the end of each
>> line in my listin.txt. On linux, the same thing produce a clear error :
> I tried your batch file and my listin.txt does not have any space
> characters at the end of lines. Are you sure that your script did
> not ever have space in %%F>>  ?
>
> dir /b krel*.tif>listin.txt
> gives the same result as
> for %%F in (krel*.tif) do @echo %%F>>   listin.txt
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-

Hi,
Thanks, my problem isn't really with my batch script, I've found my
error (%%F> listin.txt and not %%F > listin.txt) but if I put a space at
the end of each line in the filelist, I have strange error with
gdalbuildvrt ("gdalbuildvrt does not support positive NS resolution").
On linux, the same thing produce an error like "file don't exist".

Fabrice Lallauret