[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 2.0 Notes

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Sep 22 15:52:40 EDT 2010

Folks,

In IRC I was just mentioning to Howard that we might want to drop use of
CPL_STDCALL in the GDAL API if a 2.0 release ever occurs.  It seemed to me
that such ideas ought to be kept track of so off the "Developer" section of
the Trac wiki I have created a page for this and pre-populated it with a few
items.  Please feel free to add other cleanup suitable to do at such an
ABI breaking version.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GDAL20Changes

As we are running out of 1.x numbers (1.8.0 hopfully coming out soon), I'm
thinking about a 2.0 release for something like the fall of 2012 - just in
time for the world to end.