[gdal-dev] gdal-grass plugin build failed

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:52:54 EDT 2011

hi All

tring to rebuild the gdal-grass plugin on my linux (debian sid)
but i'm having this error

epifanio at epybox:/etc/ld.so.conf.d$ cat grass.conf
#/usr/local/grass-7.0.svn/lib
/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn/lib

epifanio at epybox: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn/lib
epifanio at epybox:/etc/ld.so.conf.d$ sudo ldconfig

epifanio at epybox:/usr/local/src/gis/gdal/frmts/grass/gdal-grass-1.9.0
$ ./configure --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config
--with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for g++ -shared ... yes
user supplied gdal-config (/usr/local/bin/gdal-config)
using /usr/local/lib/gdalplugins as GDAL shared library autoload
directory
checking for G_asprintf in -lgrass_gis... no
checking for G_putenv in -lgrass_gis.7.0.svn... no
configure: error: --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn requested, but
libraries not found!  Perhaps you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
include /usr/local/grass-6.5.svn/lib?

have you any clue ? the error happens if i try to build the gdal-grass
plugin using grass 6.5 ... instead using the 7.0 it build fine.

the config.log file contents : http://paste.debian.net/112667/
it can't find lib .. but they exists

thanks for any hints!

Massimo.