[gdal-dev] gdal datum shift

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Wed Apr 13 16:54:09 EDT 2011

Thanks Frank

I had guessed that I might have to use -s_srs but doing I saw no tangible
results hence my request for more verbose output. "--debug on" was very
useful as was PROJ_DEBUG.

As you surmised, the datum "NAD83_High_Accuracy_Regional_Network" is not
recognized as +datum=NAD83

Then I found that I had missed the step in building Proj.4 of downloading
separately the datum shift zip file. Upon fixing that I am now able to
reproject correctly! HURRAH!

Brian

It can be helpful to run gdalwarp with the commandline