[gdal-dev] Re: FileGDB OGR driver test

Eli Adam EAdam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Apr 14 13:21:01 EDT 2011

I reviewed this a little further.  I was mistaken in my first report,
the field RDSRCDATE was created as DATE (as opposed to DateTime) and
populated with null.

I had mistakenly checked and reported on the field CONST_DATE which is
created as an Integer and populated with null.  (I don't know if the
field is populated in the fgdb.)

eadam at lgis0229ubuntu:/usr/local/src/gdal$ ogrinfo --formats
ERROR 1: libFileGDBAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file
or directory
ERROR 1: libFileGDBAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file
or directory
Supported Formats:
 -> "ESRI Shapefile" (read/write)
  -> "MapInfo File" (read/write)
  -> "UK .NTF" (readonly)
  -> "SDTS" (readonly)
  -> "TIGER" (read/write)

Any suggestions?  I've been tracking trunk of gdal for about a year,
although always in a simple fashion (no plugins etc).  I would not
necessarily catch something basic.

Based on reading this two sites,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/480764/linux-error-while-loading-shared-libraries-cannot-open-shared-object-file-no-su
and
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20090301081221/http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html

I fixed this by calling it this way,
eadam at lgis0229ubuntu:~$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:/home/eadam/filegdb/dist/lib
ogrinfo --formats

Now I get eadam at lgis0229ubuntu:~$
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:/home/eadam/filegdb/dist/lib ogr2ogr
ODF_Lincoln_Roads_v2.shp ~/Desktop/West_Oregon_Roads.gdb
"ODF_Lincoln_Roads"
Warning 6: Field RDSRCDATE create as date field, though DateTime
requested.

Warning 6: Normalized/laundered field name: 'CONSTRUCTED' to
'CONSTRUCTE'
Warning 6: Normalized/laundered field name: 'Shape_Length' to
'Shape_Leng'
ERROR 1: GDB Error: Failed to determine value for column CONST_DATE
long:-2147217395
ERROR 1: GDB Error: Failed to determine value for column CONST_DATE
long:-2147217395

RDSRCDATE has dates in it now.  So it looks like this was a DateTime
field and got successfully demoted to a date field.

Thanks, Eli

<201104122047.20004.even.rouault at mines-paris.org>, Even Rouault
<even.rouault at mines-paris.org> wrote:
> Le mardi 12 avril 2011 20:37:06, Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH a
écrit
:
>> Even,
>>
>> How do you configure gdal/ogr to build with the linux api?
>
> This is a bit involved since there's no ./configure support yet, so

> compile
> it "at hand" as a plugin
>
> Here's the line I use from GDAL root source directory :
>
> g++ -Wall -g ogr/ogrsf_frmts/filegdb/*.c* -shared -o ogr_filegdb.so
-Iport -
> Igcore -Iogr -Iogr/ogrsf_frmts -Iogr/ogrsf_frmts/filegdb -L. -lgdal
-
> I/home/even/filegdb/dist/include -L/home/even/filegdb/dist/lib  -
> I/home/even/filegdb/dist/src/FileGDBEngine/include/FileGDBLinux
-lFileGDBAPI

> You must change the /home/even/filegdb/ paths to where you
uncompress
the
> filegdb API
>
> And you must define the GDAL_DRIVER_PATH environmenet variable to
point to
> the
> path where ogr_filegdb.so is
>

>> I'm working on getting some example datasets together.
>>
>> Mike

OGR,
but I

>> > ArcGIS 10 FileGDB's right ?
>> >
>> > Yes "real" data would be usefull. But it would also be usefull if
you (or
>> > anyone else) could provide small and freely redistribuable
>> > samples (potentially "fake" data) with different types of
>> > geometries (1 feature for each geometry type is enough in
theory),
column
>> > types (integer, single, double, string, date), etc.. so that it
can be
>> > included in the GDAL/OGR autotest suite.

FileGDB
I made