[gdal-dev] Re: dev-version of HDF4

Knut-Frode Dagestad knutfrodesoppel at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 09:11:55 EDT 2011

I forgot to say, but I have also tried by specifying the location of
HDF4, with similar error:

checking for SDreaddata in -lmfhdfalt... no
checking for SDreaddata in -lmfhdf... no
checking for SDreaddata in -lhdf4... no
checking for SDreaddata in -lmfhdf... no
checking for SDreaddata in -lmfhdf... no
configure: error: HDF4 support requested with arg
"/Users/knutfd/Software/hdf-4.2.5/", but neither hdf4 nor mfhdf lib found

HDF4 library is there, but somehow configure is not able to detect it.
HDF4 is compiled without SLIB, so that should not be the problem.
I have also tried with older version of HDF4 (4.2r1), other installation
points, and prebuilt binaries. And I compiled with options
--disable-fortran --disable-netcdf --with-pic, as suggested on
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Error-in-GDAL-compiling-with-HDF4-td3351437.html
It has been suggested to use a "dev" version of HDF4, but I don't know
if that would solve this problem?

Best regards from Knut-Frode