[gdal-dev] help resampling raster to coarser scale

Etienne etiennesky at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 18:42:44 EDT 2011

That's an interesting idea, thanks!

I looked around the code and found that the overviews are created in the GDALRegenerateOverviews() function in file gcore/overview.cpp .  It reads:

[...] it can also be used to generate downsampled images in one file from another outside the overview architecture. [...]

I get the feeling that I can use that function directly with a properly initiated raster band.  Am I wrong? I was wondering if anyone has code that can do this or can point me to an example?

regards, Etienne