[gdal-dev] help resampling raster to coarser scale

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 23:06:26 EDT 2011

Etienne,

You can find a lot of sample code in the gdal test scripts[1]. There is a
test script for regenerating overviews in gcore/tiff_ovr.py [2].

You can apply a filter using a VRT file[3]. It supports filters of various
sizes.

[1]: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/autotest/
[2]:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/autotest/gcore/tiff_ovr.py#L1046
[3]: http://www.gdal.org/gdal_vrttut.html

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 5:15 AM, Etienne <etiennesky at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Anton
>
> This might seem obvious to many of you, but how could I go about applying a
> filter using the gdal utilities/functions/python code?
>
> Etienne

Chaitanya kumar CH.

+91-9494447584
17.2416N 80.1426E