[gdal-dev] New PHP bindings - php5-gdal

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:54:29 EDT 2011

2011/8/9 Jean-François Gigand <jf at geonef.fr>

> I decided to write this library when I got limited at using OGR/PHP
> (segfault crash) and noticed the latter has not been maintained for
> years.
> After trying to compile the SWIG bindings with no success, I thought a
> good robust C++ code would be the best deal for providing OOP
> interfaces to PHP.

Hi Jean,

I just wanted to mention, there have been some efforts recently by Mike
Leahy to resurrect the php bindings, the corresponding ticket can be found
here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3984

However I'm not sure about the current status of this work and how the
bindings work with the attached patches. Do you have experiences?

Best regards,

Tamas