[gdal-dev] ogrinfo and DGN files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Aug 10 10:49:43 EDT 2011

On 11-08-10 01:08 AM, Zoltan Szecsei wrote:
> Hi,
> Bentley Microstation DGN files hold info regarding the number of hours the DGN
> file has been worked on.
> I was hoping that I could get this (& other) figures using ogrinfo, but it
> fails totally.
>
> Am I misusing or misintepretting what ogrinfo should return?

Zoltan,

OGR does not support V8.x DGN files.  Perhaps that is what you have?

In any event, it would not report any header information about things
like hours worked on.  I am not even aware of the underlying dgndump
utility (part of dgnlib) doing this though it could likely be extended
to do so.

   http://dgnlib.maptools.org/