[gdal-dev] Help with GDAL & Visual Studio 2010 & netCDF

Ben Discoe ben at vterrain.org
Wed Aug 17 12:53:14 EDT 2011

James,

In this case, it may be simpler, easier and more efficient to simply call
the NetCDF library directly, rather than going through GDAL.  Your
particular file sounds like a 3D dataset, which is stretching the bounds of
what GDAL is designed to handle, namely rasters.

The NetCDF API is relatively straightforward.  There is documentation and
examples.

-Ben