[gdal-dev] GTiff optimisation

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Tue Aug 30 07:22:46 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am converting GTiff to GTiff in order to add projection and georeferencing
information in the header. I am using gdalwarp with some flags, mailny -co
flags. I have some question about this.

Here is my command line:

gdalwarp -co "COMPRESS=PACKBITS" -co "PHOTOMETRIC=MINISWHITE" -co "NBITS=1" -
s_srs "EPSG:2154" -t_srs "EPSG:2154" input.tif output.tif

1.  File size: input.tif and output.tif have different file size, output file is
50 % bigger than the input file. Is it normal?

2. If I use gdalinfo on my output file, I have no information about MINISWHITE
parameter while I have it in the input file. Am I using this creation option
correctly? This issue could be related to the first item?

3. I also have a "AREA_OR_POINT=Area" item in my output from gdalinfo, what
does it means?

gdal version: GDAL 1.7.3, released 2010/11/10

thanks,

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin