[gdal-dev] question about build static gdal with visual studio

tang tang312 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 21:58:38 EDT 2011

Thanks a lot for your replay!

    I got the gdal.lib,but while I link the program to this lib,it still
needs gdal18.dll. this confused me . I had tried to   comment out
DLLBUILD=1  ,  but the commandline programs need   gdal18.dll too.   even
replacing all gdal_i.lib with gdal.lib helps nothing.
    I know little about  nmake/cl/link, whitch are used in  the gdal's  vs
slution.  It seems in linux configure we can build static gdal with
--enalbe-static,but I don‘t know how to do this in VS nmake.
     Best regards!  and thank you again!