[gdal-dev] Call to users and devs - ESRI .prj files needed for testing

Martin Daly Martin.Daly at cadcorp.com
Fri Dec 2 11:00:00 EST 2011

> Martin, thanks for this reference!
>
> It seems that the dattrans.htm file contains datum transformations used
> by ESRI, with a number of methods.
>
> Would it make any sense to use that information (using a new derived
> .csv file) to add TOWGS84 parameters to ESRI WKT definitions, instead
> of using the ones defined in gcs.csv?

I couldn't really say; it would depend on what you are trying to achieve.

However, it is my understanding that you are safe in assuming that *if* the WKT matches one of these standard ones, *and* the ESRI code matches an EPSG one, that the EPSG definition is being used (or at least intended). *If* I am right then you should be able to use the GDAL definition directly, instead of trying to morph one to the other.

Martin

Cadcorp is a trading name of Computer Aided Development Corporation Limited; registered in England;
number: 1955756. Registered office : Sterling Court, Norton Road, Stevenage, Herts SG1 2JY

This email is confidential and may be privileged and should not be used, read
or copied by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have
received this email in error please inform the sender and delete it from
your mailbox or any other storage mechanism. Unless specifically stated,
nothing in this email constitutes an offer by Cadcorp and Cadcorp does not
warrant that any information contained in this email is accurate.
Cadcorp cannot accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the
sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of Cadcorp or one of its agents.
Please rely on your own virus check. No responsibility is taken by Cadcorp
for any damage arising out of any bug or virus infection.