[gdal-dev] Compile GDAL with swig(Java) on MAC OS X

dennis suithedoc at arcor.de
Tue Dec 6 05:08:55 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have a question about compiling gdal.
I want to write a program in java with gdal and I want to compile gdal
in a way, so that the user can use the already compiled lib.

What I did so far is, changing the java.opt and this.
gdal:$ ./configure
gdal:$ make
gdal:$ cd swig/java
gdal:$ ./make

This works well so far, but the libgdaljni.dylib is directly linked to
libgdal in the base Folder. So, if copy my program to another location,
I will get a UnsatisfiedLinkError.

Interestingly, I've done it once. the libgdaljni.dylib was much
bigger(~16mb) and it worked without dependency problems.
Unfortunately I have no idea how I did it !

I hope I could express myself well, I'm no expert in terms of compiling.

MfG
sui