[gdal-dev] gdalbuilvrt and multiband files

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 17:36:03 EST 2011

Hi

On 6 December 2011 20:08, Martin Lambers <marlam at marlam.de> wrote:

> Hi Jose!
> This might be slightly offtopic, but if you are using the latest GDAL
> from svn, you could try the brand new GTA driver to store your files
> in GTA format. Then you can use the gta tool, which was made for
> exactly this kind of generic array data manipulation:
>
> This looks interesting, but the whole point of using the VRTs is to
facilitate accessing zipped up files transparently and save disk space. It
is quite nice to be able to just dump all the zipfiles somewhere, spend
10min creating a few VRTs and being able to access the data straight away
from python. However gta-tool reminds me of the HIPS library, back in the
day! :) I shall definitely keep an eye on this, but for the time being,
putting together XML files is the solution to my problem

Thanks!