[gdal-dev] Classification and combination with GDAL?

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 23:10:45 EST 2011

Carlos,

This is a specialized case.
You can do this programatically by using 'derived bands' in the VRT
format[1].

It could be a lot easier to do this using a desktop GIS application like
QuantamGIS [2]. QuantamGIS has a raster calculator utility that can do a
lot of arithmetic operations like this.

[1]: http://www.gdal.org/gdal_vrttut.html
[2]: http://www.qgis.org/

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 5:15 AM, SupportLists <supportlists at qlands.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to perform classification and combination of three ascii grids.
> This means for example:
>
> 1. Separate the data of each cell in the grid among three classes
>    Layer1 Classes: A1,B1,C1
>    Layer2 Classes: A2,B2,C2
>    Layer3 Classes: A3,B3,C3
>
> 2. Then Combine the three classified grids into one so each cell has a
> combination of the 27 possible.
>    Cell 1: A1A2A3
>    Cell 2: A1B2A3
>    Cell max: C3C2C1.
>
> 3. Assign a color to each combination and generate a final GeoTIFF.
>
> How if possible can I do this with GDAL?
>
> Many thanks,
> Carlos.

Chaitanya kumar CH.

+91-9494447584