[gdal-dev] SQLite/SpatiaLite slowness in OGR

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Sun Dec 11 11:09:06 EST 2011

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:33:58 +0100, Even Rouault wrote
> Hi Sandro,
>
> I'm OK with your patch. I guess that the name of the
> GML_SQLITE_CACHE_MB config option must come from your work with your
> previous GML patch, but I'd suggest to rename it to OGR_SQLITE_CACHE
> as it is more general. Are you OK with that ?

all right, that's fine for me

> I'll also add a note in ogr2ogr man page about the -gt option,
> moving part of your proposed doc in it.

really good

> By the way, you didn't react to my comments on your GML patch.
> Perhaps you are working on a revised patch ?

oh yes, you guessed this ;-)
I hope to be able to ship you a strongly revised
GML patch ASAP

just a quick preview: following your wise suggestions
about extensively using CPLXMLNode as far as possible,
I've introduced some further optimization and strongly
simplified the temporary SQL support.

and now a 3GB GML file ise succesfully  parsed in
about half an hour (50% less than before)

bye Sandro