[gdal-dev] image operation over areas defined by a shapefile

Xiaodong Zhang xiaodong.zhang2 at und.edu
Sun Dec 11 17:22:51 EST 2011

Hi Gdal experts,

First of all, happy holiday to all of you. Gdal-dev is really a
wonderful learning platform (at least for me).

I'm wondering if someone has done something like this and would like to
share the experience. Say, I have an image, e.g. NDVI, and a shapefile
define one or more areas (polygons) with the image. How to calculate the
statistics for each area, for example, the mean value of NDVI within
each polygon.

Thanks
Xiaodong

--