[gdal-dev] 1.9 Release Process

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:53:58 EST 2011

Frank, I have 2 issues I would like to address before 1.9 is released.

1) The ability to save the gdal commandline string and access it later.

This is useful for the netcdf 'history' metadata, and consistent with
all other software that manipulates netcdf files.  Suggested patch
adds 2 functions to gdal.h (only one is really needed) and modifies
GDALGeneralCmdLineProcessor() slightly (because that is where the
commandline is processed).

Details and small patch are in bug #4297.

2) Fixes to importFromESRI - bugs #4345 and #4378

I have committed a fix  to trunk (r23542) and it is optional, using a
Configuration Option to be activated.
It tries to fix missing parts of ESRI WKT (like TOWGS84 parameters and
DATUM and GEOGCS EPSG codes).
I would like to see if we can turn it on by default (at least for
DATUM and TOWGS84).

regards,
Etienne