[gdal-dev] re-gridding to a coarser grid

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Thu Dec 15 12:57:25 EST 2011

Sorry for the noise that I introduced by mixing the GDAL and GMT's
lists. I already replied to Andreas only because I though my message
went only to him, but since it didn't here is a copy of it.

Joaquim

"
Andreas,
I'm very sorry but I sent that message to you by mistake as it was meant
as a reply to another question in the GMT list. But since we are at it,
your case is also probably better suite for GMT than GDAL. In GMT you
have 'grdsample' to resample your grid or, if you really want to do
things the correct way to avoid aliasing since you are going from high
to lower resolution, 'grdfilter'.
Note that with GMT5 built with GDAL support you can read you grid
directly but you are more limited on output formats (mostly netCDF).
"