[gdal-dev] Re: Runtime error on executing "OGRRegisterAll()" function.

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Dec 16 18:25:07 EST 2011

On 16 December 2011 07:56, mrym <meryemvrl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I've done things you have written, but it's still same.

It is hard to judge what is wrong there.
It smells like memory corruption, memory allocations passed
boundaries of modules, mixed C/C++ run-times.
(see GDAL FAQ for links which may be helpful).

In such cases, I usually find GDAL crashing around VSI system:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/port/cpl_vsil.cpp
during cleanup, when std::map tree is cleared and deallocated.
In most cases, it was related to mixed C/C++ run-times.

Try dumpbin GDAL binaries and your DLLs to verify what run-time
modules are really linked
dumpbin /all gdal19.dll | find /i "msvc"
etc.

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org