[gdal-dev] Problem reprojecting DEM lat long to utm

Horsto muhthrael at gmx.de
Thu Feb 3 18:26:15 EST 2011

Hi everybody,

For hours I have been trying to reproject a dem-file to utm zone 40, using
following command:

gdalwarp -t_srs '+proj=utm +zone=40 +datum=WGS84' srtm_47_05.tif dem.tif

It seems that the coordinate system remains in old parameters. When I load
the file in Q-GIS, the map is not located on other correctly projected
UTM-40-maps but far away (as it should be with the Center coordinate
52.5000005,  37.5000001).

Can anybody show me the mistake I am making?

Thanks for helping

Horsto