[gdal-dev] New to list and question (UNCLASSIFIED)

Lefman, Jonathan ERDC-TEC-VA Jonathan.Lefman at usace.army.mil
Tue Feb 8 10:46:30 EST 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hi all,

I joined this list today.  I have a question about using Python bindings with
GDAL to get info from a geotiff.

What are the functions that I need to obtain coordinate extents of raster
data?  For example, if I have a rectangular area from Washington, DC with
coordinates in UTM format, how would I determine the top-left and lower-right
corners?  I was unable to find an example in the documentation.

Here's a snippet of my code of where I'm at:

from osgeo import gdal
gdaldata = gdal.Open(gtiff_filename)
prj = gdaldata.GetProjection()
trfm = gdaldata.GetGeoTransform()