[gdal-dev] gdalwarp reprojection problem

heng.feng heng.feng at aircominternational.com
Wed Feb 16 02:28:12 EST 2011

Hi there,

When I tried to use GDALWARP to do the re-projeciton on some large GeoTiff
data, the output pictures seemed to contain the gaps, which appeared to be a
few horizontal lines when zooming out. The command I was using is something
like this:
gdalwarp --config GDAL_CACHEMAX 250 -wm 250 -co TILED=YES -co COMPRESS=LZW
-s_srs "+proj=tmerc +lat_0=0 +lon_0=12 +k=1.000000 +x_0=4500000 +y_0=0
+ellps=bessel +datum=potsdam +nadgrids=c:\fh\BETA2007.gsb,null +units=m
+wktext" -t_srs "+proj=utm +datum=WGS84 +zone=32"
"Z:\JBRoadMaps100\100\100.tif" "Z:\JBRoadMaps100\100\100_converted.tif"

This problem seems to be only happening to the large data as I have used the
same GDALWARP command on the smaller data and everything was working fine
(with no gap at all). Also the bigger is the data, more gaps/lines the
output picture will have. I have also tried to increase/decrease
GDAL_CACHEMAX and –wm values and it does not make any difference (the same
amount of gaps still exists in the same output data).  I suspect this
problem is caused by the option “-co TILED=YES”, but once I removed this
option, the re-projection process was hanging. Moving the map data onto the
local disk does not ease this problem either.

Can anyone here give me some help regarding this problem?

Thanks,
Heng