[gdal-dev] Gdal2tiles in Gdal18 and creating KMZ files

Roland Duhaime roland.duhaime at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 12:28:58 EST 2011

Thanks Brian,

I have reviewed OSGeo4W\bin\gdal2tiles.py and specifically line 1597
containing the href tag to the png file:

          <Icon>
            <href>%(ty)d.%(tileformat)s</href>
          </Icon>

I was curious if someone had any idea on how to modify this href tag to
include the relative path as Brian suggests below.  I see that the
appropriate path is already included in the name tag if the .kml is changed
to .png.  Any ideas on the best approach would be appreciated.  Also, is
this relative path something that should be added to the general release to
support kmz compression?

Thanks,
Roland