[gdal-dev] Re: GCP list projection

Vadim Shlyakhov vadp.devl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 03:39:40 EST 2011

Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam <at> pobox.com> writes:

> In theory it could make sense to have a dataset with a dataset level SRS
> and geotransform, and also GCPs with a different SRS.  In some cases the GCPs
> are in a particular SRS (say lat/long) just because it is a convenient
> coordinate system to collect the GCPs, not because it is representative of
> the geometry of the image.

Thanks Frank, That was actually my understanding. BSB and Ozi have their GCPs in
long/lat, so I thought that a feature for such a case.

So, if you have GCP SRS, you don't need SRS set at the dataset level, do you?

BTW I've noticed if a dataset doesn't have a geotransform, then
ds.GetGeoTransform() returns (0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0). Is that a feature
or a bug?