[gdal-dev] Re: [mapserver-users] OGR VRT ODBC connection problem

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Feb 20 20:12:27 EST 2011

Hi Brent,

I'm certainly not an expert on this, but I think the issue might be that
sqlplus does not use an ODBC connection it uses some proprietary Oracle
socket protocol to connect.

Do you have ODBC services setup, configured and running on the Linux
host? How have you verified this?

If not then this is likely the issue. Sorry I don't use ODBC, so I can't
help much more then this.

-Steve W