[gdal-dev] Transform point from UTM to Lat/Long

Jorge Martin jormarfe at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 12:43:20 EST 2011

Hello,

        I have a big doubt about transforming one point from UTM to
Lat/long. I have to make the resampling of a Lat/long image. The target
image is UTM with 2.5 resolution. To create the target image I use GDAL, so
I have to set the UTM zone, so I set this zone to the zone corresponding to
the top left corner of the source image (Lat/long).

      When I am reading the all the points of the target (UTM) image and
finding the corresponding lat/long coordinates into the source image. I have
to transform these points from UTM to Lat/Long. I case the source image
covers more than one UTM zone, the transformation between this two
coordinate system is not the right.Because the Lat/long of the initial image
may corresponds  to a UTM zone different than the one I have fixed for the
grid.

Is there any way to make this transformation taking into account this
problem?

Best Regards,

Jorge Martin