[gdal-dev] Re: [Qgis-developer] Issue saving shapefiles with REAL15 values

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Feb 22 10:51:07 EST 2011

Am 22.02.2011, 14:49 Uhr, schrieb Barry Rowlingson
<b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk>:

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at>
> wrote:
>
>>> You can extract just one record, and share that one.
>>
>> How? If I use QGIS, the values will be broken.
>
>  ogr2ogr on the command line?

ogr2ogr results in the same broken values. Looks like it's a GDAL problem.

> what does ogrinfo say about it?

INFO: Open of `nw.shp'
       using driver `ESRI Shapefile' successful.
1: autaut________nw_wien (Line String)

>  Can you load the DBF in a spreadsheet?

Yes, Openoffice loads them. The header says ID,N,15,0. QGIS displays
REAL15 in fields tab of layer properties.

> How do you know what the values are supposed to be?

The data comes with documentation.

Thanks for your help,
Anita