[gdal-dev] What's the best/simplest gdal binary for Windows 7?

Roland Duhaime roland.duhaime at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:54:05 EST 2011

Michael,

I am running Windows 7 and I use the Osgeo4w installer with the advanced
install option to select the specific gdal and python libraries that I
need.  The default gdal1.8 is recommended.  Osgeo4w can be found here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/

Without knowing your specific application, the setup interface allows you to
easily add, remove, or update libraries to meet your needs.

Best Wishes,
Roland