[gdal-dev] transform input image to UTM

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 23 13:11:34 EST 2011

On 11-02-23 11:27 AM, Jorge Martin wrote:
> Hello,
>
>         I want to project an input Lat/Long image into UTM. I need to do this
> automatic, so I have to do it in C++. I have found a source code to implement
> this issue. I have paste below the source code that I have used.
>       I When this code is running, appears some times the followin error messages:
>
> "ERROR 1: no system list, errno: 42" and

Jorge,

This is normally an error message from PROJ.4.  I see "errno.h" has error
42 as "ENOMSG" or "No message of desired type" which is unlikely.  Error
-42 (a PROJ.4 specific error) is "|lat_1| == |lat_2|".

I'd suggest careful examination of the input and output coordinate systems
to see if there is anything odd about them.

> "ERROR 6: SetColorTable() not supported for multi-sample TIFF files."
>       What is it means?

This is because you try to copy color tables from all three source bands
to all three destination bands but it is highly unlikely there even is a
color table on the source bands.  The error message is reporting that TIFF
has no way of storing color tables on multi-sample (ie. RGB) files.

> When I open the output image there are some strange black lines crossing the
> output image that not appear in the input image. Is there any reason for this
> behaviour?

That is harder to analyse.  You would pretty much need to provide a full
bug report (ideally via Trac) in order to get a good answer.