[gdal-dev] Windows builds and wildcard usage for gdaltindex & gdalbuildvrt

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Thu Feb 24 15:22:44 EST 2011

Hi all

I wanted to use a more recent Windows build than the latest FW Tools
which are a bit old now. I used the binaries from

http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/PackageList.aspx?file=release-1310-gdal-1-8-0-mapserver-5-6-6.zip

All works fine, just the usage of wildcards in tools like gdaltindex or
gdalbuildvrt does not work any more. If I run eg

gdaltindex tileindex.shp *.tif

I just get the error that the file "*.tif" could not be found. Same
happens for gdalbuildvrt.exe.  So the wildcard resolution seems not to
work any more (it still did work in the last FWTools 2.4.7). For
gdaltindex I can use a "for" loop command because it adds every tif to
the same shape, but I don't think this workaround works for the
gdalbuildvrt.

On Linux builds the wildcards usage still works fine with GDAL 1.8. Any
ideas if this will be fixed for Windows?

Armin