[gdal-dev] Improved support of OziExplorer datums

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 7 16:48:42 EST 2011

On 11-01-07 04:35 PM, Jean-Claude REPETTO wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Now that GDAL supports the OZF2 and OZFx3 formats, I think it is time to
> improve the processing of the .map files.
> The current implementation supports only 3 datums, while OziExplorer supports
> 123 datums.
>
> I have added the support for all OziExplorer datums, but before sending the
> patch, Even Rouault suggested me to post this message, so that anybody can send
> comments.
>
> I have created two files in the GDAL data directory :
> - gdal_ellips.csv contains the ellipsoid definitions
> - gdal_datum.csv contains the datum definitions

Jean-Claude,

I have two comments:

1) Please call the files ozi_ellips.csv and ozi_datum.csv

2) What is the origin of these files?  What is their licensing?  We
can't just take files from other software packages and release them as
part of GDAL unless they are under a compatible license, or the copyright
holder gives us explicit permission to release them under the GDAL license.