[gdal-dev] GDAL windows installers available

Jason Roberts jason.roberts at duke.edu
Mon Jan 10 09:48:35 EST 2011

Tamas,

Nice job getting something out so quickly. You remind me of this Dilbert
cartoon
<http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/000000/10000/80
00/400/18402/18402.strip.zoom.gif>  from back in the day.

Due to various deadlines I won't be able to look at this until Wednesday but
hope to get you some comments by that time. We should probably follow
through on Frank's request for an RFC, so the design can be reviewed and
approved according to the normal procedure.

I do have one request/requirement: unattended install. It would be really
great if I could include eventually include or dynamically download a copy
of the GDAL msi in my own software, and then invoke msiexec to install it
automatically. Can you make sure this is possible with your msi package?

BTW, when we get to the Python bindings installer, this is another reason to
build the Python bindings installer as a .msi rather than a .exe. That is
possible with Python 2.5 and later.

Thanks,

Jason