[gdal-dev] installing GDAL for pythonwin: can import and use gdal, but not gdaltransform

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 03:23:03 EST 2011

James,

gdaltransform and some other command line utilities are a part of the GDAL
project. It comes with the GDAL library.
You should be able to use it from the commandline after setting some env
variables.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH should direct to the folder contain the GDAL library.
GDAL_DATA to the gdal's data folder.
You might also need to set the PATH variable to the gdal apps folder.

OSGeo4W and FWTools packages do these things automatically.

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 3:06 AM, manzione
<james.j.manzione at usace.army.mil>wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I have been able to successfully download and use GDAL 1.7.3 in PythonWin,
> but am not able to use gdaltransform.  I understand that gdaltransform is
> an
> executable that requires additional installation steps before it can be
> implemented.  Can someone please provide me a link to where I can download
> gdaltransform.exe and documentation on how to set it up I would be truly
> grateful.
>
> Thank in advance for your time in response!
>
> -James
>
> --

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/