[gdal-dev] Test and a question about gdal_warp and gdal_translate

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Wed Jan 12 12:49:53 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Antonio P <aperezcarro at yahoo.es> wrote:
> Hello :
> (I dont know if this email are going to be accepted by the list manager. So,
> this is a 'test' )
> I have a question about gdal_warp and gdal_translate utilities.
> I want to re-scale to 50% a serie of images.
> I cannot use gdal_translate with % outsize parameters
>       gdal_translate -of JPEG  -outsize 25% 25% DSC02699.jpg 02699.jpg
>>> does nothing (i view the options of gdal_translate)
> What kind of resampling method use gdal_translate?
>
> I 'd like to use gdal_warp simply to rescale an image to 50% 50% ? Can
> anyone tell me the command line syntax ?
>
> I miss more information, more examples or more tutorials on how to use the
> command line utilities. Any good link ?
> Thanks, Antonio

Hi Antonio,

What does exactly mean "does nothing"? Don't show an error message?

Are you putting the source and destination files in the right place?
First source and then destination.

gdal_translate -of JPEG -outsize 50% 50% source_file.jpg dst_file.jpg

You can read the doc page for gdal_translate here:
http://www.gdal.org/gdal_translate.html, and more stuff at
http://www.gdal.org/

Jorge Arévalo
Internet & Mobilty Division, DEIMOS