[gdal-dev] gdalwarp to VRT. How to set "-multi" option? How to get best performances when chaining gdal operations?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Jan 13 16:14:51 EST 2011

Daniele,

It is not possible to use -multi with warped VRT. The VRTWarpedDataset uses a
lower-level API than the gdalwarp utility. The gdalwarp utility processing the
whole dataset (or a subwindow known in advance), it can optimize things by
fetching the input data from the next chunk while the current one is heating
your CPU... On the contrary the VRTWarpedDataset warps the blocks only when
there are requested, so there's no trivial possibility to optimize this.

Best regards,

Even