[gdal-dev] FileGDB API support for OGR

Ragi Burhum ragi at burhum.com
Mon Jan 24 18:18:06 EST 2011

Hello list,

I checked it a **very alpha** version of a driver that uses the FileGDB API
http://resources.arcgis.com/content/geodatabases/10.0/file-gdb-api

It was mostly plumbing work, so right now it is very limited:

- Only works with Points (it is all the samples where doing). The "API"
published the spec for the binary format, but the accessor methods only
provide access to the binary array, which means
that there still needs a lot more of binary tinkering and more sample files
to get it right.
- Readonly (even though it can be extended to do write support).
- Currently, ESRI's FileGDB API only exposes the schema through a new XML
format available in 10, which probably means that it will only work with
FileGDBs 10 or higher.

Don't use it with production data! Feel free to tinker with it, let me know
how it goes.

- Ragi