[gdal-dev] Re: Problem with GEOTIFF

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 26 22:32:21 EST 2011

On 11-01-26 10:26 PM, Fernando Cacciola wrote:
> OK, I have it already so here is the information:
>
> Corner Coordinates:
> ... unable to transform points between pixel/line and PCS space
> Geotiff_Information:
> Version: 1
> Key_Revision: 1.0
> Tagged_Information:
> End_Of_Tags.
> Keyed_Information:
> End_Of_Keys.
> End_Of_Geotiff.

Fernando,

The above tells us there is no coordinate system in the .tif itself.

> I noticed that this dataset is made of 4 files:
>
> enr_p01.aux
> enr_p01.tfwx
> enr_p01.tif
> enr_p01.tif.aux.xml
>
> Oddly, the xml file contains this tag:
>
> <WKT>PROJCS[&quot;Pac_chart&quot;,GEOGCS[&quot;GCS_WGS_1984&quot;,DATUM[&quot;D_WGS_1984&quot;.....
>

> so it seems like the data is there after all.

Ah.  I suspect this is a problem with having both an .aux and .aux.xml file.
I suppose the .aux file is being used and the .aux.xml file is ignored.
Try moving the .aux file somewhere out of the way and see if things
behave more properly.

If you can make the dataset available I  might be able to improve the
robustness of the logic for the case with a .aux and .aux.xml file.