[gdal-dev] Can I use ogr2ogr to postgresql with security?

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:55:52 EST 2011

Mike,

OGR's postgresql/postgis driver makes the connection using PQconnectdb()
method from the libpq library.
You can set the option 'sslmode' to 'require', 'verify-ca' or 'verify-full'
for a secure connection. Look for the documentation of PQconnectdb() for
further details.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:13 AM, Mike Axelrod
<mike.axelrod at pictometry.com>wrote:

>  Does ogr2ogr (and ogrinfo) natively support secure connections to
> postgresql?
>

> I need to run ogrinfo and ogr2ogr where the target is a postgresql server
> elsewhere on the network (in a different domain) and secure the
> communication.
>

> Mike
>
> Mike Axelrod, Software Engineer
> Pictometry International Corp.
> Suite A, 100 Town Centre Drive, Rochester, NY 14623
> Phone: 585-775-7711
> E-mail: mike.axelrod at pictometry.com Web: http://www.Pictometry.com/<http://www.pictometry.com/>
>

>  NOTICE: This message is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy
> Act, Title 18, United States Code, Sections 2510-2521. This e-mail and any
> attached files are the exclusive property of Pictometry International Corp.,
> are deemed privileged and confidential, and are intended solely for the use
> of the individual(s) or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are
> not one of the named recipient(s) or believe that you have received this
> message in error, please delete this e-mail and any attachments and notify
> the sender immediately. Any other use, re-creation, dissemination,
> forwarding or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
> unlawful.

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/
+91-9494447584