[gdal-dev] GDAL Error 1: TIFFFetchDirectory:Sanity check on directory count failed . . .

Neil Best nbest at ci.uchicago.edu
Sat Jan 29 09:16:01 EST 2011

How should I interpret this error?

GDAL Error 1: TIFFFetchDirectory:Sanity check on directory count failed,
this is probably not a valid IFD offset

I saw this in an R session.  I descibe the context on Stackoverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4831882/mysterious-error-from-foreach

There I describe that I am wrapping a function from library(raster), which
uses rgdal, with a foreach construct and parallelizing using multicore/doMC.
I suspect that this and other errors have something to do with file I/O but
I'm not sure how to interpret them or track them down.  Thanks for any
suggestions.