[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.8 - Switch Thrown

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Jan 29 11:51:13 EST 2011

Hi Ari,

On Sat, 29. Jan 2011 at 16:52:46 +0200, Ari Jolma wrote:
> Did anybody else try to use the now standard Visual Studio built GDAL
> DLL (which was much discussed some time ago here and is now available
> from Tamas' site) in a MinGW environment?

The OSGeo4W GRASS package (and AFAIK also the standalone WinGRASS package) is
built with MinGW using the libraries for OSGeo4W (ie. with GDAL, GEOS and
PROJ.4 build with MSVC).   AFAIK that seems to work fine - although I must
admit to what extent GDAL/OGR is used in GRASS.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden