[gdal-dev] JPEG compressed GeoTIFF ignores Nodata

Marius Jigmond mariusjigmond at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 19:21:40 EST 2011

Thanks for all the suggestions. The following website:
http://sites.google.com/site/bpederse/caliwms gave me an idea of how to
treat the JPEG artifacts.

Going back to our previous discussion, the OpenJPEG implementation of
JPEG2000 creates very clean (at the boundary of data/nodata) compressed
images when compared to JPEG. But, because it's a new format, I'll have
to wait until it's implemented in the jai-imageio-ext package.

-marius