[gdal-dev] NTv2 geographic transformation

jblazquez jiblazquezmozun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 05:38:56 EDT 2011

Hi
I'm trying to make a transformation between ud50 and etrs98 for some files
shp. This transformation must do it through the grid system (NTv2). To do
this I have the official transformation file
(http://www.ign.es/ign/layoutIn/herramientas.do). I read that 1.8 has a GDAL
driver specific to that transformation. The sample script that exists in the
install package (GDAL-1.8.0 \ swig \ python \ samples \ loslas2ntv2.py) is
valid only for transforming images.
My issue is to know how I can make this transformation vector files

I'm using python 2.7 with GDAL 1.8.

Any help or Ideas would be appreciated