[gdal-dev] [gdal-1.8.0] Get new Coordinates from Geotiff avoiding black area

mett mettbest at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 12:07:25 EDT 2011

Hello Everybody!
Does somebody know if there is a smart way to get the coordinates of a
GeoTiff of the real data (avoinding the black background)? I mean, I have
the geocoordinates of the image, but they are not referred to the "Real"
data of the image but just to its corners. I know that I can use gdalwarp to
set trasparency of black area, but I think it is not suitable to re-set the
coordinates.

Thank you for any help!
Mett