[gdal-dev] Re: [gdal-1.8.0] Get new Coordinates from Geotiff avoiding black area

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 00:28:04 EDT 2011

Mett,

I understand the issue now. The easiest way is to find out the corner
pixel/line of the actual data and use these in the -srcwin option of
gdal_translate utility. You just have to make sure that the windows contains
the whole data. The new image produced by gdal_translate does not contain
the black borders. The transformation matrix and other data are updated.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 7:36 PM, mett <mettbest at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chaitanya,
> I do not understand how can I use that tool to reset the coordinates. Could
> you be more precise? Thanks!
>
> Luiz,
> thank you very much for your contribute, I need it for Java, I will try to
> convert it.
>
> Thank you again,
> Mett
>

> luizmotta wrote:
> >
> > Sorry Folk,
> >
> > I forgot the source of code.
> >
> > I have two type of version(python source), one for QGIS and other for
> > terminal.
> >
> > 1) QGIS/Plugin:
> > http://spatialserver.net/pyqgis_1.0/contributed/imgboundary.zip
> > 2) Teminal: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14847115/imgtruecorner_py.zip