[gdal-dev] ESA Summer of Code In Space

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Thu Jul 21 05:19:20 EDT 2011

Hello all,

As you may know, ESA, the European Space Agency, has launched their
Summer of COde In Space (SOCIS), much like Google does with the Google
Summer of Code.
The list of mentoring organizations is published here :
http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2011/?q=node/13
Students can apply until next week, the 27th July (the schedule is very
tight !)

As GDAL is not in the list, I'm taking the liberty to inform all
students interested in image processing algorithm development that the
Orfeo Toolbox project is selected. As such, there is an opportunity for
a paid job working on open source image processing !

Orfeo Toolbox is an image processing library which targets mainly VHR
remote sensing imagery.
Orfeo Toolbox rely heavily on GDAL for its I/O handling, both raster and
vectors.

We have set up an idea list here :
http://wiki.orfeo-toolbox.org/index.php/ESA_SOCIS_2011
but other ideas are welcome of course !