[gdal-dev] Re: Draw map in Visual C++

Ragi Burhum ragi at burhum.com
Mon Jul 25 13:07:45 EDT 2011

Brian,

There are various libraries that already support drawing spatial data. One
of them is Mapnik (which supports symbology and annotation among other
things). Take a look at their C++ drawing
sample<http://trac.mapnik.org/wiki/ExampleCode>.
If you want to draw things in a much lower level, you can also use
OpenGL<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/340185/using-gdal-ogr-api-to-read-vector-data-shapefile-how>
.

Best of luck,

- Ragi