[gdal-dev] Re: How to get the ENVISAT N1 Main Processing parameters

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Thu Jun 2 07:45:05 EDT 2011

Hi Frank, RSyaoxin, Knut-Frode,

Il 16/05/2011 19:48, Antonio Valentino ha scritto:
> Il 16/05/2011 18:38, Frank Warmerdam ha scritto:
>> On 11-05-16 12:30 PM, Antonio Valentino wrote:
>>> An alternative solution is to write from scratch the routines for
>>> decoding of ENVISAT records but this is would require a larger effort.
>>>
>>> Again I could try to do it but I would like to receive some sign of
>>> interest in this feature from GDAL developers before starting to code.
>>
>> Antonio,
>>
>> I am reasonably willing to incorporate improvements into this driver
>> if you submit them via ticket as diffs against trunk.

I've just opened a new ticket

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4105

with a patch for extracting all ASAR metadata from ADS and GADS records.
Additional metadata are all stored in teh "RECORSD" domain so they will
not be propagated automatically in case of gdal_trnslate or similar.

ciao

--
Antonio Valentino